I love S’Mores. What more can I say? Even if I don’t have a camp fire, I will improvise. Is there is a fire in the fireplace, yes, S’mores. Is there a toaster oven, yes, S’mores. Is there a microwave, yes, S’mores. None of the above, I think once as a kid I toasted a mini marshmallow over a candle. NO I DO NOT suggest doing this ever, but that was the extent of my obsession with S’mores.
I love the ooey gooey marshmallow, I love when the chocolate melts, I love the crunch of the graham cracker. So delicious.
So doing a s’mores popcorn was a no brainer. I waited until the weather got cooler, but still with temperatures in the 70s I still had melting chocolate everywhere. I reserve melting chocolates for the cooler months of November through March. Even though the house is air conditioned, chocolate is just happier when it’s cold outside. Especially once it’s been melted, since I add some coconut oil, when it solidifies again, the melting temperature is lower.
Basically I followed my caramel corn recipe and added a milk chocolate drizzle coating and mixed in cut up mini graham crackers, mini marshmallow, and enjoy life semi sweet chocolate chunks. I used those because they looked like little Chocolate Bars and also they are less sweet. The combination of milk chocolate drizzle and caramel corn was already really sweet and needed to be cut.
Popcorn coated with caramel candy
Original Caramel Corn
- 6 cups of popped plain popcorn
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- scant 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250oF, and heat popcorn in a cookie sheet lined with parchment
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter, sugar, corn syrup, and salt until it just comes to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and boil for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda and vanilla
- Remove cookie sheet of popcorn from oven, and pour the hot toffee coating and mix well
- Return to the oven and bake for 45 minutes, taking it out and stirring every 10 minutes. If you like a chewy caramel bake for less time, for a glass like finish bake for as long as 60 minutes.
S'Mores Caramel Corn
- Above Caramel Corn Recipe
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Graham Crackers (double squares) cut up into mini rectangles
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- Place Caramel Corn on a cooling rack over a lined cookie sheet and allow to cool completely
- Add Coconut Oil to the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, cook for 30 seconds at a time after each 30 second interval, mix to allow further cooking before putting it back in.
- Place your melted chocolate in a piping bag, or a plastic ziplock bag and drizzle over the caramel corn.
- Allow to cool, you can put it in the refrigerator if the chocolate is not setting up.
- Transfer to a bowl once the chocolate is cool and mix in graham crackers, mini marshmallow, and enjoy life chocolates.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.